K.
So whenever I'm about to do something scary, I just stop thinking.
Remember how I'm kind of a wuss? So jumping off of cliffs at Lake Powell does scare me a bit when I look down and see how high up I am.
So I stop thinking and jump.
And I love it.
Same thing with this rope swing that I just went on.
I was terrified. I kept saying that I didn't want to get cold (the water was FREEZING!), which was true, but I was terrified.
So I stopped thinking and jumped.
And I loved it. ...after I wasn't submerged in ice water anymore... ;)
Also loved some other things that happened... :)
So I was thinking today:
Why is it that I can just stop thinking in order to do something scary that is so rewarding after? Aren't we told to think before we act?
Then I realized.
When I stop thinking, it's because I trust those around me, and I trust the situation. If it was really something dangerous, don't you think that someone would stop me? I put complete trust in these people and then I just go and then realize how much I love doing scary things.
Same concept:
When we trust in our Savior completely, and we do everything we're supposed to be doing, when something scary comes up, we can just jump.
So like when you're afraid to go sit by or talk to this boy that you really like (for example, of course), you can know that if you're doing everything you're supposed to, and you trust in the Savior, you can just go.
Jarom 1:9
9 And thus being prepared to meet the Lamanites, they did not prosper against us. But the word of the Lord was verified, which he spake unto our fathers, saying that: aInasmuch as ye will keep my commandments ye shall bprosper in the land.
Just jump!
JUST DO IT.
Learn to put complete trust in your Savior.
Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the asin which doth so easily bbeset us, and let us run with cpatience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the aauthor and bfinisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him cendured the cross, despising the dshame, and is set down at the right hand of the ethrone of God.
Learn to lay aside those things in life that weigh you down, and the sin which just harasses you from all sides, and run the race with patience. Look unto Jesus and trust in him.
Think about the person on this earth that you trust more than anyone else.
If you can trust them completely, you can trust your Savior and Redeemer completely.
Everything will work out once you do it.
1: Lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset you,
2: Run the race with patience,
3: Look unto Jesus and put all of your faith and trust in him,
4: Go. :)
I can promise it will be rewarding.
life? even when I want to say that I suck at life and even when things are a wee bit hard to figure out and deal with,
life is good. :)
I love this kid. :)

4 comments:
Stephanie Fiso, this is my love note to you, since I'm not in the ward anymore.
I love this post! It's so true. You are a very smart woman, did you know that?
LOVE this post and LOVE you! Just jump Stephanie! Not sure what will happen but you have put your trust in the right place, in the right person, our Savior :) You are sooo awesome! (oh and I love that kid too)
You are amazing, did you know that?
I forget this all the time, but it's SO TRUE. Meeting boys, friends and more than friends, is something we can also turn to the Lord to...
Today in church, I was thinking, "Man, there are a lot of cool people in this ward. I want to get to know them, but..," and then I totally had to stop myself from being hard on myself. I am good enough for those around me!!! You are good enough for those around you! Love you girl.
Steph,
Thank you so much for this post. Heavenly Father truly does use us as instruments in His hand at times when we least expect it. He makes us ministering angels.
Today you've been an angel to me.
Thank you.
Post a Comment